Heading Photo

Heading Photo

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Leg 3 to Texas...Arkansas

Even though our drive to Arkansas was the longest leg (7 hours with no stops) it was actually the easiest drive. We decided to leave later so most of the trip would be the kids bedtime. I was really afraid it would backfire on us and they would just be really cranky, but much to my shock...they actually slept about 5 hours! We didn't get in until after midnight and man, was I dreading unloading the car again.


The next morning, Alexa woke up and was so excited to see the kids. She had so much fun with them all weekend. She saw Ryan's picture at Nic's parents and said "he's my best friend!" She is so funny because she isn't yet into all the girly stuff and would rather play with him because he is 8 and carries her all around the house and makes a big deal over her. She went to school with Lanette to pick him up and he was introducing her to all his friends. She had a great time playing dress up and play-doh with Emma. Emma was crazy about Blake and was a great helper with feeding him and changing his diapers.

(Alexa and Emma playing so sweetly together)


(Emma entertaining Blake for me)


(I've never seen Blake laugh so much as did with the dog. He crawled after her everywhere and she loved jumping on Blake)



(Blake was in love with Marley...it almost made me want to get a dog...ALMOST)





(My big boy sitting in Ryan's chair...he loved it!)



We got the opportunity to go to the fair in Arkansas and it was so much fun! Alexa had a ball petting all the animals and riding some rides. I laughed so hard at the look on her face while I watched her on the on the Tilt-A-Whirl...it was a mixture of glee and, I'm going to puke:-) It was so funny at the animal barn someone had a giant rubber spider hanging from the ceiling and they would drop it when you walked under it and Alexa would not go past it even when I told her it was fake.



(Alexa would not quit sticking her hands in the cages...I was afraid she was going to get her finger bitten off)


(Alexa and Emma petting a baby bunny)



(Alexa and Daddy on the Ferris Wheel...I don't think he liked it too much)



(Sweet baby calf)



(The giant pig was the only thing Alexa was afraid to get too close to. She finally touched his snout when the owner showed her how)



(so cute!)



After a great weekend with Kieth and Lanette it was time to load the van yet again for our last drive into Texas! I dreaded loading up but I was so excited to finally get to our destination. All week Alexa has been asking to go to her new house so it was nice to get one step closer. Unfortunately, we have 5 nights in a hotel before we can move into our house but at least we can explore our new city. After a fun time at Emma's birthday party we headed out of town...


...Texas, Here We Come!!!

No comments: