Heading Photo

Heading Photo

Monday, September 12, 2011

Heading To The Lonestar State








Well, I can't believe it since I told Nic before we got married that he would never get me to move to Texas, but 7 years later we are Texas-bound. The movers come in 2 days to load our truck and then we close on our house on Thursday. I can't believe it is almost here. I am a little excited and a little sad. I am really sad to leave our friends here in Columbus and to be so far away from our families. And I'm nervous about how hot it is going to be but I can't lie, I am NOT going to miss the horrible winters here:-)


I'm not sure Alexa really gets it yet. She goes around wearing Nic's cowboy hat singing a song he taught her about Texas but I don't think she understands we won't be coming back to this house. We sold our kitchen table and she came downstairs and asked where her table and chairs were and I told her we sold it for the move and she said, "put it back!" I don't think she really likes change much. Blake is just having a ball crawling all over the place getting into the boxes that aren't sealed yet! Since we won't see everyone as much now, I'm really going to try to update more on our new lives in Texas.


Despite all the reserves I am feeling, I am excited for the adventure of starting in a new place. It seems like a great place to live from the limited time I have spent there while looking for a house. We did find a house and will be closing on it two weeks after we leave here so I guess we will be drifters for a couple of weeks. We are looking forward to spending some time in KY with our family and friends before we make the looong drive to our new home.

No comments: