Heading Photo

Heading Photo

Monday, September 26, 2011

Leg 1 Of Our Journey...On To Lexington!

After leaving Columbus it was on to Lexington/Georgetown to spend a few nights with my family before we move halfway around the world (well, halfway across the US anyway...but it seems much further).

We had a pretty pleasant drive...of course it was only 3 hours of our 18 hours we had to drive. We really enjoyed spending time with family.



(Grammy just couldn't leave anyone out so she had to give 3 horsie rides at once)




(The highlight of the trip for Alexa was making cookies with Grammy)



Alexa had a ton of fun with her cousins, especially when we went to the pumpkin patch. I was so excited that the timing worked our for us to go since it's my favorite pumpkin patch and I may never get to go again. Plus, it was really special since it's Blake's first fall and pumpkins. It was a great time, especially since our friends Kyle and Isaac were in town so they came with us.




(Sweet Brother and Sister)




(Kate, Graham, Alexa & Blake)




(Alexa and Graham walking in the "Rat Run")



(Grammy and Poppy with the Grandkids...I was sad Blake was asleep in the Bjorn so he couldn't be in the picture)


(Blake and Big Cousin Graham)



(Blake's first experience with Pumpkins...he's so cute! :-)




(With Kyle and Isaac)



We got to meet my new nephew Owen who is so tiny and just precious. It made me think that I may just need another baby:-)

The timing was also perfect to be in town for our friend's Mark and Traci's baby shower for their twins! It was so great to see them and all of our KY friends and I loved getting to see her pregnant. I am so excited for them! We had so much fun with everybody.


(With our friends at the shower)


As expected, it was hard to say goodbye to my family and of course I cried some more. I think it would have been much worse but I don't know if it has fully set in yet that we are moving and will be so far away. It felt like we were just there for a visit and then going home to OH. It also helped that my mom and dad are planning to come to Dallas for Thanksgiving. It's in writing here Mom so now you can't change your mind:-)

After 4 nights we loaded the van back up (I felt like we were moving again with all our junk we had to load back up) and started out on the 2nd leg on our journey to Dallas.


On to Owensboro...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So happy to see blog updates and even more happy that we got to see you guys last weekend! Can't wait to visit you all in Texas!