Heading Photo

Heading Photo

Monday, September 26, 2011

Officially Homeless...Goodbye Columbus:-(

It was a sad goodbye to Columbus and friends. It was really nice to have a girls night the day before closed on our house. I got to go to Cheesecake Factory with my good friends Shannon, Alicia and Bethel. It was such a great time but it was sad knowing it was the last time I was going to get to go out with them.




We closed on our home Thursday AM while the movers were at our house loading the truck and packing the last minute things. We were so excited to finally be closed after our last sale fell through the day before closing! Yay, we are officially out! While the movers worked I was able to meet one my friends at the mall to meet her new daughter Ana that they just got from China. It was a little bittersweet because we really enjoyed getting to meet Ana and play with her and her big sister Audrey but it sad knowing it was the last time we would see them. After we said goodbye it was back to the house to help the movers finish things up.






(Audrey, Alexa & Ana)


When I got back to the house I was busy helping the movers finish things up and cleaning things for the new owners. When the movers left my friend Shannon and her girls came over to tell us goodbye. When I had to say goodbye to her I had my first tears because it was so sad to say goodbye to my college friend that I was so fortunate to get to spend the last 3 years with in Ohio. Hopefully we can live near them again and Alexa and Blake can grow up with their buddies.





(Shannon with Blake and her baby Juliette...Blake looks so huge next to her!)



(Alexa and Ava saying goodbye)



Then it was time to say goodbye to the house. It was kind of sad to see it all empty. Alexa kept saying, "those guys are taking my stuff!" and I had to keep explaining they were taking it to our new house. The funniest was when she wanted a Popsicle and I told her I didn't have any scissors because they were packed and she said, "we have scissors, they're right here" and opened the drawer and said "hey, somebody took my scissors...put them back!" She managed to make friends with the movers though and kept saying "those guys are my friends" and taking them bottles of water.



(Our empty living room)






(I'm over living with boxes everywhere. This is my new table that was delivered the morning the mover's came. I can't wait to see what it looks like!)







(our empty dining room)


After we said goodbye to the house and pulled away with the van loaded to ceiling we went to our friend Alicia's house to goodbye to her and Bryce and Jillian. It was another really sad moment and after some more tears in the car it was on the pick up Nic at his work and leave Columbus for the last time.

On the the next let of our 5 leg journey to Texas! It's going to be a long two weeks as homeless gypsies until we settle into our new home.

No comments: