Heading Photo

Heading Photo

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Leg 2 to Texas...Owensboro

The drive to Owensboro was a little stressful since both kids decided to be a little fussy. After 3 hours we made it and were very glad to spend some time with Nic's parents. Blake had a wonderful time crawling all over MawMaw and Daddy Bob's house exploring and Alexa had so much fun in MawMaw's garden picking all the baby watermelon that weren't ready yet...sorry Mawmaw.

Nic and I were even able to go on a date night...we had forgotten what that was:-) We spent a lot of it at the cell phone store since I had lost my phone. I thought for sure it was at my parents house until I finally found it in the bottom of my suitcase after 2 days. Poor Blake probably had to listen to it ringing 100 times since the suitcase was in his room. I was actually disappointed to find it since I am trying to talk Nic into getting me an Android:-) Nic and I also went to dinner where we ran into some of his friends and had a great time talking with them.




(I think somebody wanted to escape)





(Blake had a wrestling match with the bear...he resorted to biting his ear)






(Blake loved this bear...it was wearing on of Nic's outfits from when he was a baby)



After a great visit with Nic's parents, it was time to say goodbye. After the dreaded loading of the car with all of our junk (I am already tired of it and we still have 2 more stops), we said our goodbyes and went to Meet Nic's Grandparents and Aunt Barbara at Ryan's for lunch before heading out of town. We had a great time getting to visit with them. After lunch we rolled out of town...On to Arkansas!



(Alexa and Blake enjoying ice cream cones at Ryans)



(With Pawpaw and Aunt Barbara)





(Alexa and Nana...I love this picture!)

No comments: