Heading Photo

Heading Photo

Thursday, October 2, 2008

We Are Still In Shock!

I can't even believe it. Nic woke me up this morning before he left for work to tell me some amazing news. We have USCIS approval to travel!!! I still don't even hardly believe it...it's a miracle that we got it this soon. We were told by the USCIS that it usually takes 60 working days and our agency told us not to be disappointed if it even took longer since they are behind but God is good and has blessed us and we got approval in 9 days! Of course, now I'm in a panic thinking, wow am I ready for this and we have so much to do that I'm overwhelmed. It may be a week or so before we actually get our travel dates and then could be a week or more after that before we actually travel but with how fast this last part happened I'm not taking any chances. I'm so excited and happy and blessed and now I am relieved to know we are approved and that we will have Alexa home before Thanksgiving and we should be with her in Vietnam in a couple of weeks. I just can't wait to hold her in my arms.

We have a lot to do to prepare to bring her home. I have to get medications for her for our trip, find a pediatrician, add her to our insurance, pack, put up baby gates on our stairs and baby proof the house, just to name a few things...YAY! I'm loving every second of it:)

No comments: