Heading Photo

Heading Photo

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Good Morning Vietnam!!

Well after 20 hours in flight and a 36 hour door to door trip (from our door to the hotel door) we made it to Hanoi. It was quite exhausting, but about what we expected. Leanne was a trooper and handled it better than I did. We both did good up until the final flight from Seoul to Hanoi. I had a few stomach issues and I couldn’t keep myself awake. We really wanted to stay awake on that flight since it was from 8pm-mignight Hanoi time.
Our hotel is pretty nice, though we couldn’t see much coming in. Its not quite the nicest room we’ve stayed in, but is by far the largest. Its really more an apartment and has 2 bedrooms, 2 bath, living room, kitchen, laundry, and a balcony.

For those who are unaware, Hanoi is 11 hours ahead of the Eastern time zone so its already Sunday morning here. I can’ t help but feel there should be someway to profit on being in the future. HA!
So for now we are just supposed to sit tight an hang out the next 2 days while we wait to go get Alexa! Not sure what we’ll end up doing, but we’ll try to take some pictures.

-Nic (Leanne's still sleeping :)

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Thank you so much for the update, Nic!! I can go to bed now that I know you all are safe.:) I'm so glad that your room is nice and that you all are getting some sleep. Love you so much and we'll keep watching the updates and praying!:) Love,
Bekah, J and W

NO more excuses said...

I agree with Rebekah, I can finally go to bed now:) I have been on so anxious to know you made it to Vietnam. I hope you all catch up on some sleep and are able to enjoy the next few days as a couple. Your life is about to change (for the better) but a big change. Try to get as much into these next few days as possible! It may be a long time until it is just the two of you again. Can't wait to see pictures!

NO more excuses said...

Hey this is mom! I am so happy that you made it. I am crying tears of JOY! I am anxiously awaiting for them to place Alexa in your arms so you can know the joy and contment that you will feel as being parents. Your love for her will truly begin to grow from that moment and will continue growing each moment the rest of your life. I love you very much,
Mom Graham

jen holbrook said...

it is so neat to get to read updates on everything. I am praying everything goes so smoothly and you will be home soon with you precious little girl.