Heading Photo

Heading Photo

Thursday, February 7, 2008

We are "Paper Pregnant"!!!

I am in Shock. I still can't even believe it. I went out to the mailbox today hoping to have received our marriage certificate and not even thinking about anything else. I pulled out an envelope disappointed because it didn't look like it would be our marriage certificate because it didn't come from Kentucky. Well, I looked at the return address and it said it was from US Immigration. At first it didn't even register to me what it was. Then, all of a sudden it dawned on me that it might be something to do with our I-171H but I was still thinking it couldn't be true...it must be something just saying that they had received our homestudy or something...it couldn't be what I was starting to hope it was because it was just in a plain old white letter-sized envelope. Well, I got into the car where my niece Kate was waiting (I was watching her today) and was so excited I couldn't contain myself. I opened the envelope and quickly scanned the certificate and to my surprise and amazement it really was what I had prayed it was...our I-171H immigration approval to adopt an infant girl from Vietnam! I started screaming and jumping up and down in the car and Kate just sat in her carseat laughing at me and grinning. Tear of joy came to my eyes as this meant that we are officially doing this. Until you get that immigration approval you just can't imagine that it's real...but it is! I prayed and hoped we would get it by Valentines and expected to get it by March but God heard our prayers and answered them. We are so excited and grateful...praise the Lord!

Now for the fun stuff...we are going to be running around like chickens with our head's cut off tomorrow. Luckily, Nic is working from home in the morning and then taking the other half of the day off so he can help me. I really wanted him to get to do all this with me. First, I have to run to the bank Mom works at to have our I-171H notarized and then take it to the courthouse to have it certified, then I have to run to Jessamine county in Nicholasville to have our Physician letters county certified, when I get back I will check the mail and pray that our marriage certificate came, then Nic and I will drive to Frankfort to get a marriage certificate in person if it didn't come and to get our police background checks county certified and then all of our other documents along with those State certified. Once we do that then it is off to FedEx to have everything overnighted to the Vietnam Consulate in California along with a certified check. Needless to say we are going to be extremely busy but I love it and I can't wait until tomorrow:)

No comments: