Heading Photo

Heading Photo

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Dossier Update

Things are starting to move along with our dossier. We finally have all of our documents except for our certified marriage certificate. Everything is notarized and I went to the Scott County Courthouse yesterday to get our documents "county certified" that were notarized in Scott County. Of course we get to live in one of the few states that make you get everything county certified before you can get it state certified. It's really not too bad though since we can just take it in person and they certify it right then. I am going to the Fayette County Clerk either today or tomorrow to get our Fayette documents certified. I guess we'll wait to get our police background checks certified in Franklin county until we have everything and go to Frankfort to get everything state certified. However, we won't do that until we get our I-171h (which we just found out that in Kentucky it's actually called a I-797c so that is how I will refer to it from now on).

Waiting for our I-797c is the part that is nerve-wracking. Everything hinges on that as it is our official "approval" saying we are allowed to adopt internationally. Our social worker told us that the current wait time that she's been seeing is 30-40 days but when Nic checked out the USCIS website it said that they on Jan. 15 they were just now processing Oct. 15 applications so we have no clue when ours will be ready. We are just praying for God to work a miracle for us and let us get it sooner. Our prayer is that we will get it by Valentines day but I guess that is a lofty goal. I'm just worried that it will come the day that we leave for our trip. We will be leaving the last week of Feb. and we'll be gone for about 10 days so it would be nice if we could get it all sent off to to the Vietnam Consulate in California before we leave. It's supposed to take about 2 weeks there so then it would almost be done when we get back. I just have to keep reminding myself though that everything is in God's plan and there is a reason if we have to wait a little longer.

Things have been very hectic around here lately since our house is officially on the market and we are trying to get all of our adoption paperwork ready on top of that. Two days after the house went up we had someone come and look at it and then she came back with her parents two days later. It was her favorite house but her parents think it may be too big for just her so we aren't any closer to selling. Which, I have to say that it kinda relieves me because I am just not ready to move. Hopefully we can have our dossier done and sent to Vietnam before we have to worry about moving.

No comments: