Heading Photo

Heading Photo

Friday, January 11, 2008

Our Home Study Is Finally Approved!

I am so excited...our home study has finally been approved by our agency and sent back to our social worker! Of course, when I say "our agency" I mean the first agency that we had originally started with. I know we are crazy:) but we switched back to them. This is our final switch but we just never felt comfortable with the new agency and then when we started having communication problems with them we just felt we should change. I had called and emailed the agency several times with no responses or I was told he would call me right back and he never did. Then I was told twice that he would contact our social worker "first thing in the morning" and another time "I will contact her tonight" and two days later she had still never heard from him. Needless to say, I was stressing out. Luckily, we had only sent our application and that is all so we did not lose out on any time. Well, after going back with the first agency, within about 2 hours we had the approval for our home study! I am so relieved and excited! Our social worker is having it notarized and then she is sending it to the USCIS on Monday so she said we can expect our I-171H approval in about 30-40 days. Once we get that then we will be sending our dossier off!

We also started our adoption education classes today. We have to each complete 10 hours of education for our adoption and it feels good to be able to do something while we are waiting. Of course, right now we should have plenty of things to keep us busy and hopefully make our waiting go quickly.

1 comment:

Jolie said...

I am so glad everything seems to be moving so quickly now. I have a really good feeling about this agency. I am praying that we will have our little Alexa by next Christmas!!! I can't wait for the arrival of my precious little niece. Make sure you have a nice guest room at your new house b/c I plan to have an extended stay when she arrives!!