Heading Photo

Heading Photo

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

It's A New Year!

Christmas and New Year's are over. We had a great time with both of our families and we see how blessed we are. Nic and I had a nice time just the two of us on Christmas morning. He is so sweet and thoughtful...he gave me the cutest ornament that has a stork carrying a Vietnamese baby in a Vietnam flag. I was so excited when I opened it and I took pictures so if I can figure our how to post pictures on here I will.



This other ornament was given to me by my friend Rebekah the day after we started the adoption process. It is our first "Expecting" ornament.

It is going to be an exciting year this year! After over a year of infertility and crushed dreams a new year and new hopes and dreams are beginning. God is so good and I'm so grateful that he has led us to this path. I feel such joy and excitement over our adoption that is is hard to explain. Hopefully this year we will get our referral and picture of our beautiful little girl. We've got a lot going on this year especially in the next few months. The two major things are getting all of our paperwork and dossier done and sent to Vietnam and our move to Ohio. Now that Christmas and everything is over we can put our energy to getting our house ready to sell. Thankfully, we are so blessed with Nic's job that they are having movers come and pack us up and move us so I don't have to worry about doing that. I'm excited and nervous about moving. I'm looking forward to the adventure of moving but I'm really nervous of what it will mean in our adoption. It will probably be about 5 or 6 months before we move so I'm hoping our we will be DTV but I don't know what it will mean to have to change our address and what all that will involve. Hopefully it won't delay us too much but we just have to leave this in God's hands. It's hard because my nature wants to control the situation but God has been teaching my through my infertility that He has other plans for me than I have and His plan are better. His timing is perfect and there is a reason for any delays we may have. Every delay we experience is to bring us to the one baby that God has for us in Vietnam. I just hope that through the delays and bumps that I remember that:)

We bought our first little dress for Alexa this weekend! I am so excited to hang it in her closet as a reminder that she IS going to be here to wear it some day. It's hard because we can't really buy many clothes for her because we won't know her age and size until we get her but I couldn't resist with this dress:) The way it's made she should be able to wear it for a decent age range and with the colors I think she will be able to wear any time of the year so that is why I decided to go ahead and get it. I will try to post a picture of it also.


This is the dress I made for my niece Emma and I made an identical one for my niece Kate.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

The dresses are so pretty! And that ornament that Nic got you is SOOO precious!! I love it!

Jolie said...

Kate looked so beautiful in her little dress. I will have to take you a picture so you can post it. Too bad Alexa won't be able to wear it but I guess you can make her one of her own:)