Heading Photo

Heading Photo

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Our Big Surprise!

We are finally getting over the shock so I'm ready to post it on our blog...WE ARE PREGNANT! We were not trying and we were definitely taken by surprise but now that we are 12 weeks I think we finally have a grasp on this:) Many of you already know this, but we are also in the process of a second adoption. We are adopting a little boy from Taiwan and we were supposed to get him in about 12 more months. Unfortunately, our agency is putting our adoption on hold until this baby is 12 months old. We were very disappointed at first but as we know with how everything worked out with Alexa, God knows what is best for us and what we need. He must know I can't handle 2 children that are 3 months apart...I would probably lose my sanity:) As it is now, we will probably get our child from Taiwan when this child is 2 or 3 and Alexa will be 5 or 6 so I think it will all work out great...God is in control. We are just excited for this blessing.

We are due on January 1st (1/1/11). Nic is not too happy about the due date and told the doctor they would have to induce me the day before because he is worried to death that he won't get the tax credit this year...that is Nic for you:) The doctor's told me I probably would not go full term anyway since I only have half a uterus so that is a big prayer request for us...I am considered a high-risk pregnancy for pre-term labor. Anyway, we are going to try to be more diligent in updating our blog to keep everyone updated on the pregnancy, the new adoption, and our life with Alexa. As pregnancy and newborns are very new to us, this is a new and exciting journey in our lives.

2 comments:

NO more excuses said...

Leanne I am still overjoyed with your news! I too can't seem to get over the shock! I enjoyed finally looking at all your pictures. They are breathtaking...especially the ones with Alexa in them:) Tell Alexa that Aunt JO Jo is CRAZY about her too. Love you guys!

Isaac&Kyle said...

Congratulations!!! We are praying for a healthy pregnancy and baby! Doesn't God have a sense of humor?!